Romuald was born in Normandy, France on 24 June 1977 and began his culinary career at the age of 15 in restaurants in France. He worked at Charlot Roi des Coquillages under Marc Chalopin and Louis Grondard’s twostar Michelin Restaurant, Drouant before moving to England. He worked at the Fleur de Sel Michelin starred Restaurant in Sussex as Sous Chef, Dalhousie Castle and Senior Sous Chef at the Ardeonaig Hotel on Loch Tay.
Romi became Head Chef at the award winning Opus One Restaurant situated in the New Country Hotel in Perth, named the “Best Urban Restaurant” and “City Restaurant” during 2010. He achieved the Chef Medaille d’or, Scottish Hotel Awards 2011 and Best Bar Food Awards 2012.
Romi until recently was the Head Chef at the Best Western’s Queen’s Hotel in Oban Scotland and was awarded a 1AA rosette within 4months. Romi’s other noteble achievements include:
- Chef Mèdaille D’OR – Gold Medal – 2013
- Chef Mèdaille D’OR For Excellence – 2011
- Scottish Young Chef award – 2002
- Scottish Culinary Championships – Bronze Medal – 2011
- Diploma Du Baccalaureat Professionnel – Acadamie de Rouen – France
- Brevet D’Etudes Professionnnelles – Hotelerie/Restauration – Rouen – France
- Certificat D’Aptitude Professionnelle – Cuisine – Rouen France